This little fabric print was made with a simple stencil, I made lots but didn’t use them. Came across it this morning and thought I would add a border. The impression of a face was entirely accidental.
I went to London recently for a few days, visiting the galleries. The outstanding expo was at the Barbican – Into The Night where you may, “Explore the history of cabarets, cafés and clubs in modern art across the world, from London to Paris, Mexico City, Tehran, and Ibadan”. A large show with lots of inspiring images.
As usual at this time of year there is a wealth of shows to choose, I didn’t quite manage all of these:
- https://www.estorickcollection.com/ Lithography from Leningrad: Eric Estorick’s Adventure in Soviet Art. 39a Canonbury Square Wednesday to Saturday
- Bridget Riley Hayward Gallery, South Bank
- Lucian Freud: The Self-portraits’ Royal Academy of Arts, Mayfair
- Elizabeth Peyton ‘Aire and Angels’ National Portrait Gallery, Charing Cross Road
- Hogarth: Place and Progress Sir John Soane’s Museum
- Nan Goldin: Sirens, Marian Goodman Gallery